Don that cute little apron and whip up this vegan frittata
What You Need
Vegan omelet batter (recipe below)
2 tablespoons vegan whipping cream (great brands are SoyaToo orMimicream) -I used Alpro soya
1/2 teaspoon salt, plus a pinch
1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon vegan butter
12 ounces asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1/4 to 1/2-inch pieces
1 tomato, seeded, diced - I used red bell pepper diced
3 ounces shredded vegan cheddar or mozzarella cheese- I used both!
Vegan Omelet Batter
3 cups (24 ounces) silken tofu
1/4 cup plain soy milk
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup potato starch or cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning -I used peri peri seasoning
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
Salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make It
1) To make omelet batter, blend ingredients together until smooth.
2) Preheat the broiler. Whisk the omelet batter, cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a medium bowl to blend. Set aside. Heat the oil and butter in a 9 1/2-inch-diameter nonstick, oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and saute until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
-I used onion garlic in pan then added extra zucchini and then turned off pan and emptied out washed pan added fresh oil and put omelette batter in then add the vegetables on top I never pre cooked the asparagus as it was very thin tender shoots!
3) Raise the heat to medium-high. Add the tomato and a pinch of salt and saute 2 minutes longer.
4) Pour the omelet mixture over the asparagus mixture and cook for a few minutes until it starts to set. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the frittata is almost set but the top is still runny, about 2 minutes.
5) Place the skillet under the broiler. Broil until the top is set and golden brown on top, about 5 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittata from skillet and slide onto a plate.